29.06-01.07.2021 International conference
"Lower Silesia-Poland-Asia. Yesterday. Today. Tomorrow. "
On 29.06-01.07.2021 an international conference "Lower Silesia-Poland-Asia. Yesterday. Today. Tomorrow." was held in Wrocław. The presentations were presented by Dr. Pradeep Kumar - lecturer at the Faculty of Neophilology at the University of Applied Sciences in Nysa and President of the Indo European Educational Foundation and MSc Anna Opałka - head of the Department of External Relations and International Office of the University of Applied Sciences in Nysa and coordinator of the IEEF point at the University of Applies Sciences in Nysa.
- Pradeep Kumar “Why India Matters? Trade, Education and Glocalisation "
- MSc Anna Opałka "Cooperation of the University of Applied Sciences in Nysa with partners from Asia as a lever of institutional development"
The University of Applied Sciences in Nysa has been working intensively since 2013 with partners from India and other Asian countries, including the IEEF Point at the University and the Erasmus + Program.
More at: http://pwsz.nysa.pl/?p=33; http://www.pwsz.nysa.pl/index.php?p=25
The organizers of the conference were:
- Confucius Institute of Wroclaw University
- Centre for Poland-China Cooperation Confucius Institute in Opole
- Institute of Classical, Mediterranean and Oriental Studies UWr
- College of Interdisciplinary Individual Studies UWr
- Department of Translation Studies of the Institute of English Philology UWr
- Institute of International Studies UWr
- Department of Theory of Organization and Management, Wroclaw University of Economics
- Marshal of the Lower Silesian Voivodship
- Mayor of the City of Wrocław
The meeting was personally attended by H. E. Mr. Nguyen Hung, Ambassador of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, H. E. Ms. Nargiz Gurbanova, Ambassador of the Republic of Azerbaijan, H. E. Mr. Bachrom Babayev, Ambassador of the Republic of Uzbekistan, S. K. Ray, 1st Secretary of the Embassy of the Republic of India.
Participants also had the opportunity to listen to remote presentations by representatives of the embassies of the People's Republic of China, the Republic of Korea, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
The conference brought together the worlds of science and business and touched on a broad spectrum of research on Asian issues, conducted at various academic units of the universities in Lower Silesia and Opole, but also other centers in Poland dealing with the above-mentioned topics.
One of the highlights of the program was the inauguration of research activities within the Center for Asian Studies, which is to become a permanent forum for cooperation between academic, economic, political and local government circles in all matters where scientific and expert knowledge about Asia and individual Asian countries is necessary.
Center for Asian Studies: https://www.iges.pl/pl/centrum-studiow-azjatyckich